D1 - T.U.T.T


Chicago rapper D1 turns up the temperature with new single ‘T.U.T.T.’
CHICAGO, IL – It’s time to turn of the up the temperature, and that’s exactly what Chicago-based hip-hop artist D1 does with his new single “T.U.T.T.”
The high-energy hype song that’s sweeping through Midwest clubs is the perfect vibe for having fun and jamming out at a party, or even just by yourself in the living room. It’s very upbeat with a catchy hook and a sound that perfectly represents this up-and-coming young artist from one of the country’s best music cities.
“I wanted to have fun with it,” D1 said of the single. “A lot of my music is serious, and when I first finished making this beat I thought I didn’t have a purpose for it. I thought I’d just put it out as a beat and someone else could use it. But the more I listened to it, the more I liked it. I started putting some stuff together for it just to see if I could call it a song. But then I thought of the hook out of nowhere, and I liked it so much that I decided to run with it. After I got the hook, the song pretty much wrote itself. I, of course, wanted to make sure it sounded good as well as being well-made. But then I just had fun with it. And the response from my fans is that it’s different, but in a good way. I’m pretty sure no one has ever heard this sound before – it sounds different, but it’s fun.”
D1 is the kind of artist who embraces that reputation of being different. It’s the foundation for his stage name, in fact. Originally D1 was meant to represent the fact that he’s in his own division – like a Division 1 college athlete. And certainly he said it still reflects that his music is in a class of its own. But he hopes that it has grown larger than that. He wants his music to really shake up the way people think of their lives.
“I want my music to be known for people who aren’t afraid of being out of the box,” he said. “I want it to be fun and funny – like I want you to laugh – but I also want you to relate to it and understand the message behind it. I want it to help you heal, or to be inspired or motivated, but through all of it, to have fun. I’m a funny person and my personality is way extroverted. I can be very charismatic and goofy and I like to make people laugh, and the point of my music to make people want to have fun and enjoy life.”
Part of that attitude has come from a life that hasn’t always been fun. Growing up, D1 didn’t have a lot of friends. He was bullied in school and wasn’t always treated well by his family at home. He started writing poetry at a young age as a way to get his pent up emotions out. When he went to a summer camp and took a music class one year, that poetry turned into song- writing – the rest is history.
“I have had some struggles, but that ultimately has made me a more humble and grounded person,” he said. “My craft has evolved along with my personal growth. I have been dealing with adversity for a long time now, but that hasn’t stopped me from having faith in my music and my career. And through it all I’ve come out fun and extroverted. And my music will always show you that I do not know when to give up.”

To listen to D1’s music, or to follow him on social media, please visit:
www.instagram.com/dmwall3 
www.twitter.com/dmwall3 
https://open.spotify.com/track/1m2J0NU9Ly6tFH2nzQv0YV?si=tSDlq3BqTpinUfiUCYKP6A
https://soundcloud.com/supa_great1/tutt
Share on Google Plus

Staff Writer

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment