Ogee1523: Never Too Late to Give Fans A Vibe

 


One thing Ogee1523 has learnt is that it is never too late to begin enjoying life and all that it has to offer. After retiring from the New York Housing Authority after 27 years on January 1, 2021, the artist wasted no time coming back to work doing what he loved. The official video for his new EP "Get Em Up (Birthday Vibe)" has already received over 63K views on Youtube, and the music itself has been making its way into the hands of many DJs. 

His rhythms and lyrics are unabashedly honest, and he has a talent for combining various sounds to reflect back to his old-school beginnings. Ogee1523 is out here to prove that just because you're no longer in your twenties or thirties doesn't mean you can't have a good time. His music, in fact, suggests that the best is yet to come! 

He talks about his latest single and other industry topics in an interview with Ogee1523.

 


Tell me about your recent release & Get Em Up (birthday Vibe)? How is it doing?

Q-Banga The B. C. E produced my latest single, "Get Em Up," which features Fatman Scoop.
It's a record for individuals of all ages celebrating their birthdays. I published it on January 1, 2022, on New Year's Day, and it's been doing well so far. It's a hit with all of the DJs, and the number of video views on YouTube is steadily increasing. The video was directed by Shawn States, of 31Media Group. 

What has been your favorite project so far?

So far, my favorite project has been "More Weed," because it was the song and video that first grabbed my attention to the people. Q-Banga The B. C. E. produced the song, while DeadEyes directed the video. Thanks to DJ Johnny O and the Nerve DJs for promoting the song, I traveled to various locations playing the song and giving radio interviews. 

What makes you different from other artists in the industry?

What sets me apart is that I create music that can be enjoyed by individuals of all ages.
I'm bringing the joy back into it. I'm delivering a new sound, one that everyone will like in the clubs, when driving in their vehicles, or just chilling on the street. 

Who are your biggest musical influencers? Would you say you are like them?

Snoop Dogg is my biggest musical inspiration since he has come a long way with his music.
His life was turned upside down by music. He went from gang banging to the top of the charts in a matter of months. I really like how LL Cool J rose through the ranks of the music industry to become a well-known actor. 50cent has also turned his life around and is now doing bigger and greater things, and I admire all of the people I named. 

What do you think the future of the industry will look like?

The future of HipHop rap music is bright, as every music nowadays, including TV shows and commercials, has some element of hip hop. Years ago, it was predicted that HipHop wouldn't last long, yet look at it now: it's still going strong. 


How do you feel the Internet has impacted the music business?

Nowadays, the Internet is really helpful to musicians in terms of advertising and sharing their music, as well as all of the downloading. There will be no more dubbing cassettes or burning CDs (but some individuals may still want a physical copy). We didn't have all of that; the Internet simplified everything. I recall going to record stores downtown to get 12" vinyl and CDs (and even cassettes at one time). You may now just download it. 

What is the best advice you've been given?

Fatman Scoop provided the finest advise I could get. When I play at a concert, he says. I always go hard and give it my best, whether it's a huge or little crowd. However, take it a step further, it's difficult for smaller gatherings since a single error will be picked up by the whole audience. 

What has this experience been for you this time as an artist?

This has been a positive experience because I never had a break when I first started doing it years ago, but things have changed today. My name is starting to go out there, and I'm getting noticed. 

What have you learned the most in this process with having your music
distributed?

Because you can't hurry greatness, I learnt to be modest and patient with what I'm doing. Do right by your fans, and your fans will do right by you. 

What is next for you?

My next steps are to release my album "Never2late" in March or April, keep doing interviews (magazines and podcasts), and hope that my publicist can get me in a few of small movie parts or on TV doing anything, haha. On January 21, 2022, I'll have a billboard in Times Square (NY) to advertise my hit, "Get Em Up."

Share on Google Plus

HipHopOnDeck

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment